Ohio State Trapper Forums

getting registered for the forum

minker - 24-5-2008 at 03:48 PM

this is for all you lurkers who claim you've tried to get registered and haven't.

look at the top of this forum page , where it says self registration has been disabled , CLICK here to contact us about registration . CLICK on that.

now it may take a day or 2 to get you registered , maybe even more if theres a bunch ask at the same time as we can only register 1 person per day .

mark

Keith Daniels - 31-5-2008 at 12:56 PM

If you're reading this, and have been trying to register without any luck, one thing to do is make sure you give a correct e-mail address, we can't reply to you through the website, we have to copy and paste your e-mail, so if it's not right, you'll never hear from us.

Another thing you need to do is make sure of your mail filter. I have a feeling that some of our replies get filtered out as junk mail, every time I do a mailing that has Russ Collars in it I get a note that his will not accept mail from me:(

ack - 31-5-2008 at 02:12 PM

keith, is that a subtle hint from russ?

Keith Daniels - 31-5-2008 at 05:05 PM

That's what I'm afraid of:(

nickb - 31-5-2008 at 09:59 PM

My e-mail filter caught the one ya sent the other day Keith. Not sure why, maybe to OSTA addy?

racer - 2-6-2008 at 01:14 AM

Hey Keith.New e-mail addy.racer53@verizon.net

Russ

Keith Daniels - 2-6-2008 at 01:28 PM

That might make a difference, huh Russ? I'll get it changed!

wild woody - 26-9-2008 at 06:12 PM

Hi all. new member here. I had a quick reply. Thanks Keith. However, when I was emailed my id and password it went right into my bulk folder. The 2 emails I received from Keith went right to my in box so not sure why the other one went to bulk but thought that info might help others trying to get registered.

Keith Daniels - 1-1-2009 at 09:11 PM

I want to mention again, if you want to sign up for the forum, make sure you type in your email address correctly, you don't have a filter that will kick out a reply from the site, (check your junk mail if you do) and please check for a response regularly if you request an account. When you get several requests strung out over the period of a couple weeks, they get so far down the list in the mailbox that it's hard to keep track of them.

If you don't hear something back in a couple days, first check your junk mail, if nothing is there, just e-mail one of us direct.

Buckrun - 3-1-2009 at 03:51 AM

Well I made it. This is my first post as a test. Thanks guys.

Steve

minker - 26-1-2009 at 06:18 PM

anyone reading this before you send a request to be registered , you need to add the osta to your address book and web browser . we keep getting people that have been registered saying there not getting our replies or there password , they have been sent but your virus protection or spam guard is not letting that info reach you. if you've been registered and don't soon there after receive a password , check your spam box, trash box, etc. and see if its there.