Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: rain
Rifle1
FLATLANDER(thinks minks are squirrels)

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 09:32 PM
rain

Getting pretty wet around here. Little over an inch. off rain here last night. creeks and river about bank full this morning. most of the crops are still standing. Looks like another big rain wed. Were about one rain away from being shut out of the field for a good spell. Could be the year of a lot of crops in the field at the season opener. I got my early beans off and the wheat planted. Most of the corn off but still have the late beans to go. Miles and miles of standing crops around here yet though. Hows everything look in your neighborhood?
half ton
BRIDGE TROLL ( beware all lady joggers !

Mood: wantin to trap.

[*] posted on 7-10-2018 at 10:39 PM

Lot of guys are on the hi ground shelling corn now. Some of the lower fields are cut up with some tracks but seem to be getting done. Seen one semi with hopper stuck out in the field where he tried to swing around to get lined up to exit the field after he was loaded.
That rain you got yesterday Brad, skirted north and south of us. We got just enough to shut most guys down yesterday but they are at it again today.

I will say a couple corn fields after it was shelled looked like they broadcast seeded corn. Completely covered with volunteer corn coming up. Thought it was wheat first time i seen it. Can't believe how much money is getting blowed out the back of some of those red and green combines.

Russ

GUN CONTROL: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will somehow obey a law which prevents them from owning a firearm!

U.S. ARMY (76-80) Member OSTA

ack
BRIDGE TROLL ( beware all lady joggers !

Mood: READY TO FLY!!!

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 08:05 AM

i still have water standing in some areas of my yards. i cut ruts with the mower yesterday in a couple of them.

Your so old you one gust away from a dust storm!

<a href="https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lima-oh/45801/weather-forecast/330111" class="aw-widget-legal">
<!--
-->
</a><div id="awcc1505654165285" class="aw-widget-current" data-locationkey="" data-unit="f" data-language="en-us" data-useip="true" data-uid="awcc1505654165285"></div><script type="text/__javascript" src="https://oap.accuweather.com/launch.js"></script>
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

Mood: Waxing and making snares

[*] posted on 8-10-2018 at 12:09 PM

Brad,
I'm west of halfton 15 miles or so we are running beans heavy because they are damaged. If I could up load pics I would. 8-25% damage in my area because of stink bugs chewing pods late August combined with rain causing the beans to turn black and shrivel and some are molding. A few people have had loads rejected they were so bad. Most yields are great just trading that for damaged bean discount at the elevator. The beans are 13-15% moisture and most guys are running before the damage gets worse. They are hauling in or drying them.

Some corn is sprouting in the husk at the bottom of the ear, some of my clients in Marietta have it so bad they are testing the corn to see if they can feed it to the fat cattle. There is no way it will store if they don't have a dryer to heat and kill the sprout. The ears are still upright and catching all the water. Those guys down there are just now trying to get the second cutting of hay up because of so much rain and rutting the hay fields.

To make matters worse our local cargill in circleville is shut down due to a major structural issue. So we have to go to chillicothe or bloomingburg with our old trucks to fill contracts.
Joy joy joy, just like trapping adapt and overcome.

Are you seeing any damage?

Mark

Mark Peters
Rifle1
FLATLANDER(thinks minks are squirrels)

[*] posted on 11-10-2018 at 11:30 AM

Mark and Russ. There was some early corn shelled around here that has a lot volunteer corn coming up. Looks like you could green chop it now and put it in the silo. I know the stink bug damage is as far north as waldo . I did'nt see it in my beans. I have not seen the sprout in the corn but I was done with the corn last weekend. My corn was the best I have seen in my lifetime. Was hauling out of the field at the end at 15.5 moisture and 60 test weight. Looks like after next monday we are in for some nice dry fall weather. Hopefully everyone can get finished up.
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

Mood: Waxing and making snares

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 01:35 PM

I am not sure if the guys here shelled the corn with the sieves closed and the concave set on clean out or what but it sure looks like i could put a hot wire around the field and graze all 60 cows for 3 weekw.

We drilled our cover crop and it looks great. Plus the guys from the tire shop can shoot a bunch of geese out of that field!
Still have some beans to finish and then we will start the corn.

Mark Peters

Go To Top