Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New sets
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

Mood: Waxing and making snares

[*] posted on 21-12-2018 at 02:42 AM
New sets

Well I put in new sets today. Not sure why, I guess I just like mud!!!

I have sets that have been in the ground since November 12, only relured one time 2 weeks ago that are making catches now.

Mark

[Edited on 21-12-2018 by Mark]

Mark Peters
Keith Daniels
Super Administrator

Mood: Optimistic about OSTA

[*] posted on 21-12-2018 at 01:11 PM

Coyote or coon?

Keith Daniels, O S T A President
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

Mood: Waxing and making snares

[*] posted on 22-12-2018 at 01:48 PM

Coyote, and fox. Good day yesterday loaded out 4000 bushel of corn and harvested a coyote, mink, opossum and 2 coon.
Everything was a little wet and muddy yesterday. I have not moved much from the farm other than places I can get to easy walking. To much mud I am even tracking up the pasture where I am driving. I have not trapped any other farms I have access to because I don't want to drive the quad or 2 wheel drive UTV they just make to many tracks.
I did notice a muskrat den cave in 30 feet back from edge of bank (cave in due to excessive weight of the combine) where the coyotes are stepping down into the sink hole 2 feet to check out the open area going to the rest of den. Just kind of neat what you see when your outside every day.
My buddy Halfton came over one day to ride along. My catch that day was 6 spring traps!!! He was amazed!! He did show me some areas he would set that I passed up. It's good to take someone just for that!!!
My kids go a lot asking questions. I am waiting to see the bobcat that is around here. My neighbor saw it during deer season. Probably what is eating his free range chickens!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Mark Peters

Go To Top