Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sweepstakes
Keith Daniels
Super Administrator

Mood: Optimistic about OSTA

[*] posted on 23-8-2019 at 04:08 PM
Sweepstakes

I received a letter today with no name on it. First, if anybody has any questions or concerns don’t be afraid to reach out, I’ll be glad to talk to you about it.

Over the years I have only received a few anonymous letters, complaints about a personal issue that was ignored since there was no way to contact.

The one today was association oriented and legitimate, so I will respond as best I can, I believe we have already addressed it in the BT, but I will again.

It has to do with the sweepstakes drawing. If you don’t know, Bill drew his name first, bad situation. Now, we can’t tell officers and board members to not buy a ticket, but the author is correct, a nearby kid should have done the drawing, and that is the way it will work from here on out.

When it was a spring sweepstakes, Wayne and Gloria did the drawing at their residence, and for that reason they never bought any tickets, I don’t buy any tickets just for the reason mentioned in the letter, I don’t want to give anybody the chance to suggest it was rigged, but with the drawing in the public now that isn’t as big of a concern.

I can assure you all the drawing was not rigged, every individual ticket in the tumbler has the same chance of being drawn and it always will.

Feedback is always welcome, but a name gives it legitimacy, don’t be afraid to contact us, it’s your organization, and there are still plenty of tickets left!

Keith Daniels, O S T A President
coonie
Administrator

Mood: Retired

[*] posted on 24-8-2019 at 01:03 AM

When Patti was the Executive Director the sweepstakes was held in the springtime. It was originally done in the spring as that was a time of year when the OSTA had very little income. We also didn't have much of a balance in the coffers back then, making a cash flow at that time of year even more important.

We had the luxury of an OSTA member who lives across the street from us and we always had their young children (at the time) draw the winners.

As Keith mentioned, they have addressed this issue, and removed any doubt of possible manipulation. That said, I was an active board member for 15 years (1996-2011) and can attest to the dedication and honesty of all members of the OSTA Board of Directors. A dedicated group of members who donate a lot of their time for the OSTA and the future of trapping.

Mike Conrad

Go To Top