Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Coyotes
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 01:58 PM
Coyotes

The last 2 nights we have been working late harvesting and planting cover crops. I have had 3 coyote shadows, 2 young of year and 1 female, waiting for the rabbits and moles, mice to run from the vibrations of the equipment. Then the coyotes pounce. Pretty neat to watch. The bad side is we are missing 2 calves from the pasture. So, after catching 10 coyotes here last year i suspect a new batch has set up shop. Also while fixing a water line yesterday in the cattle barn dad saw a small fox run out of the barn! So after catching 5 fox here last year i guess the fox population is up too.
I cannot wait for the season to open.

Mark Peters
Mark

[*] posted on 6-10-2019 at 02:34 PM

Update, kids and i were in cattle barn just now and a little red fox ran right by Reed, then out into yard. Stopped looked at us, took a crap then went into the pasture and started mousing!
All three kids saw the fox today and the coyotes the last 2 nights. Talk about excited kids!
Its so cool to live in the outdoors everyday. You know as trappers we are some the the most blessed people still around. We experience the outdoor weather, animal habits, nuances at 4 am 12 noon or 10 pm like no one else does. Everyone should be proud just to be alive and outside. Plus take a kid with you!
Mark

Mark Peters
Mark

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 02:20 AM

10 pm update. Coyotes are out again tonight with the tractor going and the storms rolling in it seemed the coyotes were finding more to eat. I wish i could get pictures to go from my phone to the site. Tonight the coyotes were not afraid of the tractor slowing down and speeding up they stayed in the circle of light more and didn't run away but just walked to move out of the way.

Mark Peters
Keith Daniels
Super Administrator

Mood: Optimistic about OSTA

[*] posted on 7-10-2019 at 12:31 PM

That would be fun to watch! have to host pictures somewhere, like photobucket, to post to this site, hillbilly Russ can show you how to do it.

Keith Daniels, O S T A President
half ton
BRIDGE TROLL ( beware all lady joggers !

Mood: wantin to trap.

[*] posted on 11-10-2019 at 02:00 AM

Keith
If he can't do it, I know i have no way to do it. After all he's the one that uses a computer every day. I can barely sign on and type something.

Russ

GUN CONTROL: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will somehow obey a law which prevents them from owning a firearm!

U.S. ARMY (76-80) Member OSTA

Go To Top