Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How we doin?
coonskinner
QUACKHEAD ! (snorts duck feathers)

Mood: High on castor

[*] posted on 30-12-2019 at 11:56 PM
How we doin?

Just had to know, sooner or later we had to have a good rain. I always watch the weather channel in the morning with my coffee. Made the call to pull everything yesterday, which wasn't much.

The last few years I've been setting mostly 330's at pinch points for beaver. Got tired of fillin bags with rocks or mud. This year, there wasn't many spots like that. Great Miami was so low it was just a barren river bank of mostly rock and gravel.

I managed to set a half dozen on one farm and caught a half dozen in a 3 days. With the weather as nice as it was, couldn't help myself from setting some dogproofs too. Coon are breaking down pretty quick. Hips are lookin bad and plenty of bite marks.

Now for the good news. All scans I've had in the last couple weeks came back free and clear. I am goin back to work on January 6th. Didn't know if I'd even get to trap this year. I took it slow and easy. It was good therapy for getting my strength and stamina back.

Hope everyone is having a good season and wishing the best for a New Year.

Dan
Keith Daniels
Super Administrator

Mood: Optimistic about OSTA

[*] posted on 31-12-2019 at 01:33 PM

Glad to hear the good report! I just pulled yesterday from a 3 day stint on a small wetland, ended up with 28 rats, 1 mink and 1 coon. 2 dozen foot traps, 7 conibears in trails and 4 DP's. 1 rat in a conibear, the mink came off a hut. Just got another place that may have a good rat population, need to look at it yet.

Keith Daniels, O S T A President
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

[*] posted on 1-1-2020 at 02:06 PM

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!!

Dan that's great your up and at them. I figured you were doing good since you were trapping! Great therapy isn't it!? Also glad your rejoining the work force!! Your honey do list must be all caught up. lol.

Keith, 28 rats is pretty good, most good ponds by me are 8 rats and its time to pull.

Take care.
Mark

Mark Peters
top lot
MANGEY COYOTE

Mood: otterrific

[*] posted on 1-1-2020 at 08:18 PM

Set 5 330 Monday and caught on otter today
Keith Daniels
Super Administrator

Mood: Optimistic about OSTA

[*] posted on 2-1-2020 at 12:52 PM

You up here or down south Doug?

Keith Daniels, O S T A President
top lot
MANGEY COYOTE

Mood: otterrific

[*] posted on 3-1-2020 at 08:51 PM

Hit 80 degrees here today in Georgia. There is a front coming through and out of 12 coyote- cat sets I had out, 6 coons and 1 coyote caught. Lol every time a front comes through the coons ruin the coyote-cat sets. Tough life I know.
coonskinner
QUACKHEAD ! (snorts duck feathers)

Mood: High on castor

[*] posted on 5-1-2020 at 04:17 PM

Dang beavers are moving in to farm ponds. Owners don't like it when they start chewin on pretty sugar maples.

Keith, if you remember the area. This is in Jacksonburg right next to the Cox Farm.

Attachment: farm pond beaver.jpg (160kB)
This file has been downloaded 69 times

Dan
half ton
BRIDGE TROLL ( beware all lady joggers !

Mood: wantin to trap.

[*] posted on 5-1-2020 at 08:32 PM

Good news Dan on getting out and being able to trap some.
I have not been able to do anything this year but the neighbors son has been catching a few critters. He came over yesterday with another coon and his first mink. He got the mink skinned and on the board and the coons skinned out hanging up drying out a little. Felt good to be out doing something. I had a guy come by and dropped off a yote. Looked it over and was not that bad looking. Got it skinned and hanging. Going out to get it on a board this evening. Glad to hear some reports of how you guys are doing. Hoping next year is better than this one for me.
Most of all it is great to hear you're getting back to work Dan. Glad everythings looking good for you buddy.

Russ

GUN CONTROL: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will somehow obey a law which prevents them from owning a firearm!

U.S. ARMY (76-80) Member OSTA

Go To Top