Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: District open houses
Ohio Wolverine
COONSLAYER(coonfat's a flying)

Mood: Thinking?

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 07:25 PM
District open houses

How many are going to their district open houses tomorrow?

I'm going to district 3.

Bill
minker
Super Administrator

Mood: KamiKazi Rock Hauler

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 01:50 AM

i'll be at district 1 in cowlumbus .

Mark D. Stackhouse , Region C Director. Life Member OSTA , NTA , NRA , Member of the U.P. Trappers Assn., Alaska Trappers Assoc., Fur Takers Of America. \" Far better it is to dare mighty things , to win glorious triumphs , even though checkered by failure , than to take rank with those poor spirts who neither enjoy much nor suffer much , because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat \" - Theodore Roosevelt
ack
BRIDGE TROLL ( beware all lady joggers !

Mood: READY TO FLY!!!

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 12:46 PM

i hope to make it to district 2 today. it depends on time. i have a bunch of running today. got scripts to get filled for peg and grocery shopping.

Your so old you one gust away from a dust storm!
ack

Mood: READY TO FLY!!!

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 07:17 PM

got back about a half hour ago. more of a open house. mingle around and wait until the bs stories stop so you can ask one of the guys in uniform a question that they can't answer or won't answer on the record. i filled out a couple suggestion papers and added them to the stack.

Your so old you one gust away from a dust storm!
hogwild

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 09:03 PM

Ack,

Never been to one but that would have disappointed me that that is all it was. Glad I didn't waste my time driving almost an hr. My daughter had t ball sign up so that took precedence. Hope something good comes of the meetings though.

Todd
Pasadena

Mood: W8in4the10th

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 09:19 PM

Went to District 1. My W.O. was there. Always good talkin with him. I talked to one of the heads and asked him why one of the regs is the way it is and not only his response but a couple of others that I talked to were the same. "Tradition", the Reg has been the way it is for so long that it hasn't changed. Well, I and a quite a few others feel it's time to make a change.

There was quite a big turn out and I got some eye opening percentages on some issues. Talked to the Fish Management Supervisor and believe I've gotten Hunter a boat ride along on some of their fish survey outings. I don't know who was more excited me or Hunter when I told him because the supervisor said I get to go to. :)

Can an Atheist file an insurance claim on an act of God?

JD
Hal
#1 GRAY FOX ( sly little devil)

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-3-2012 at 09:35 PM

I just got back from District 4. Got to meet the new chief. Seems like a personable guy to me.

If you're looking for excitement at one of this meetings, don't bother. Years ago, these meeting were held "auditorium" style. People assembled in a chair filled room, and all comments, suggestions, etc. were taken verbally. It was a fiasco!!! You had to sit for hours while every Tom, Dick, and Harry made his view known on the state of deer hunting in Ohio. I remember waiting through hours of that, just to take my turn and go on record for the Ohio State Trappers Association. We only commented on trapping regulations, and we sent a representative to every district so we could get "on record". I can never remember a time when we were in disagreement, publically, with ODNR.

The current format is better. You can go there, and submit your comments in writing. That's WAAAY better than sitting around listening to what EVERYBODY else has to say. You can meet with ODNR personnel too and talk to them one on one. I used to plan to spend three or four hours at these things. This year I only stayed about an hour.

Hal
Coondawg
MANGEY COYOTE

Mood: If it flies, it dies!

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 12:15 AM

I was informed that I had just missed you when I arrived, Hal. I agree that the format is a good thing.

coonskinner
QUACKHEAD ! (snorts duck feathers)

Mood: High on castor

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 01:35 AM

Funny you should show up today Hal. I aint gonna go back and look but, you haven't posted much since the 160 thread.

Are you looking for what was talked about at different districts???

Dan
Ohio Wolverine

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 02:34 PM

My best laid plans never seem to reach fulfilment now days.

Had plans to be at the district 3 meeting.

I wanted to get more information on the fall doe season, the 160, extended beaver season, and some other small interests.

I won't get my truck back until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Was there any news on the 160 and the doe season?

Bill
Pasadena

Mood: W8in4the10th

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 08:34 PM

The 2 day muzzleloader for does only is on the proposal. Talked with one of the management supervisors. Very enlightening on what he had to say, to say the least.

Can an Atheist file an insurance claim on an act of God?

JD
Ohio Wolverine

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 08:48 PM

When I get to one of the open houses, I try and find the biologists that are there.
Also the managers of the wildlife areas they can spare for the day.
It's good to get to know as many there as you can.
It helps when you have doubts or questions.

Bill
Ohio Wolverine

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 08:52 PM

I was hoping for more than two days, but it's better than nothing.
It will take time to prove it's self, along with if it's going to work to their expectation's.

Bill
717 Yards

Mood: Just Skippy

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 10:01 AM

Oh the allmitty doller. I got an idea.... Lets kill all the does and buttons off. JUST like PA. did...... Da, we won't count the bucks that are shot.

\"Skippy\"

The only trouble with being retired is I never get a day off.
Keith Daniels
Super Administrator

Mood: Optimistic about OSTA

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 01:34 PM

I must have just missed you Tim, I couldn't get out of the shop until almost 2, and by the time I got there it was pretty well cleared out. You are right about the guys wanting to tell story's, but it is way better then the old way that Hal was referring to.

Keith Daniels, O S T A President
minker
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 06:08 PM

the old way was terrible .

sounds like there was a real good turnout of trappers at these across the state , hopefully there concerns are listened too.

i've wanted an early statewide muzzle loader season for a long time . 2 days at the end of the special area early season , i'd rather have a week but its a place to start .
i'd like to see it be a true primitive weapons season though, with no in lines allowed . caplocks , flinters , but theres way to many in- line's out there , that isn't going to happen .

there is some interest in buckeye firearms proposals of legalizing handgun cartridges in rifles and black powder rifle cartridges , i thought the one managers ideas of starting with something along the lines of the original handgun laws were a good starting point , allow just a few of the more popular handgun cartridges , say .357 mag., .41 mag., .44 mag./spl., , .45 colt in rifles to see how it goes , then go from there.
he said they already didn't see much of a problem with black powder cartridge rifles but were kinda in the dark as to what calibers and cartridges .any of todays .50 cal. inline's is more powerful than any of the old black powder rilfe cartridges . indiana 's law on that is the same as there muzzle loader law , .38 cal and larger which would work well with ohio's current laws.

skippy, i want to use Atlatal's to hunt deer with . Missouri had a season this past november for them for the first time , 2 guys killed deer the first day with them.

Mark D. Stackhouse , Region C Director. Life Member OSTA , NTA , NRA , Member of the U.P. Trappers Assn., Alaska Trappers Assoc., Fur Takers Of America. \" Far better it is to dare mighty things , to win glorious triumphs , even though checkered by failure , than to take rank with those poor spirts who neither enjoy much nor suffer much , because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat \" - Theodore Roosevelt
Ohio Wolverine

[*] posted on 5-3-2012 at 06:46 PM

Talk about primitive !!!!!!!!

LOL, Minker!
Would that be buck only? OR either or? Or doe only?

If I was in better health and somewhat younger, I'd try that !:)

Bill
minker
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-3-2012 at 04:09 AM

i'm pretty sure both killed a buck , not sure what the reg.'s on the season entailed but i'd guess it was either sex or i should say whatever deer you can wind up getting close enough to spear.

thats pretty hardcore primitve , i bet it took alot of practice to get good enough .

Go To Top