Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mark and Halfton trapping expedition day 4
Mark
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

[*] posted on 21-11-2012 at 02:16 AM
Mark and Halfton trapping expedition day 4

Well Russ and I had to split up and check traps at different times today so I checked one farm and he checked the other.
I got there at 5:30 am unloaded the quad realized all my bullets are are still in the front of the truck. I always take several more bullets than I have traps set. Not sure why its most likely because I have to keep handing them to Russ after he misses. Put bait in quad along with pocket shovel hatchet few traps wire and extra flashlight. Get to first sets down over bank and end up falling down to them instead of walking down to them! All that extra exercise for nothing. Get around to rustys mink snare and guess what empty!!! However in really good spot tiny trail good eye by russ to spot that. Of course he does have help with those thick glasses.

Pull up to next spot and a stinker in a snare. What a combination. To make matters worse the snare is tied to a thorn tree!!! I did not even realize this when I set the snare. Anyway I dispatched the skunk and went to check the rest. That skunk shore did spray!! However I was well clear. I dunked the skunk in the creek to help rid the smell if thats possible.

Next stop white tile set with a drowner where we caught the mink yesterday. Medium to large coon today. Rest of the sets were empty. Made it home but on the way it smelled a little skunky in the truck some how must have got some on my waders!!!

Got the report from Russ about the other farm trap check. Nothing. I am starting to think he is bad luck!!! He came over to look at my portable fleshing station and i pawned the coon I caught off on him to skin!!! Pretty slick move on my part!!!! Russ said we would starve if had to live off the land. I corrected him by pointing to the coon and skunk that were caught today and said I wouldnt!!!
Anyway thats all for now we will see what happens on tomorrows check.

Russ should get pics up soon. Thats a hint russ!

Ps when he changes his work pants to waders by the road i think he wants people to see his rusty nail!!!!

Mark

Mark Peters
Eric
MINKAHOLIC ! (snorts mink musk)

Mood: Relax'n

[*] posted on 21-11-2012 at 02:58 AM

I'm blind!! Just the image of Russ changing by the road was enough. :o:D

Member OSTA, Life Member of NRA

half ton
BRIDGE TROLL ( beware all lady joggers !

Mood: wantin to trap.

[*] posted on 21-11-2012 at 04:35 AM

Was loading some pics and had a few remarks but Photo JUNK locked up and lost everything. I'm going to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have a better place than PHOTO JUNK? Man am I @%$%^*(&&QW#$^%^ off.

Russ

GUN CONTROL: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will somehow obey a law which prevents them from owning a firearm!

U.S. ARMY (76-80) Member OSTA

Go To Top